Monday, January 27, 2020

Upcoming Week 1/28-1/31

I hope you enjoyed your extra day off today. I'm working at home and am trying to be productive in the midst of all the distractions! One update I have for you is that we have a Teaching Academy intern from Newport High School working in our room for the remainder of the year. Miss Lainey is a senior at Newport and was in my class in third grade! She asked to come back and explore the possibility of a career in teaching, so of course, I couldn't say no. She is a huge asset to our classroom and the students have welcomed her with open arms, as I knew they would. :)
Read on for an update on what's to come this week.

Important Dates:

  • Thursday - Third Grade Living Voices Presentation at 10:00
Curriculum Coming Up

Reading
  • Theme
  • Writing Quotations
  • Homophones and Words Ending in -er and -le
  • Spelling Homophones
Writing
  • Country Report Research
  • Notetaking
Math
  • Unit 2 Test (we didn't get to it last week)
  • Beginning Unit 3
    • Customary Units of Length
Science
  • Wheel and Axle Systems
  • Predicting Motion of New System
Social Studies
  • Living Voices special presentation on Immigration
That's it for this short week. As always, please reach out with any questions or concerns you have. (Thank you once again for lending me your kids for the year. I've said it so many times, but I just adore them and love coming to school everyday. <3)



No comments:

Post a Comment