Sunday, September 8, 2019

Upcoming Week 9/8-9/12

We had a wonderful first week back, getting to know each other and settling into some of our classroom routines. I adore these kiddos already! Each week(end), I will post an update here with what we will be doing in the week ahead. This will allow you to preview some topics with your kids if you'd like, and will also keep you in the loop about school happenings.

Important Dates This Week:

  • Thursday at 9:30 - Welcome Back to School Assembly
  • Thursday at 5:30 - 3rd-5th Grade Curriculum Night
  • Friday 6-8 - Back to School Social

Curriculum Coming Up:

Reading

  • Setting the expectations for our daily reading time
    • Discussing what good readers do
    • Discussing what readers think about while reading 
    • Learning how to choose a just right book
  • Reading independently with a goal of increasing our reading stamina
Writing
  • "Islands of Personality" writing, based off the Disney movie "Inside Out." 
  • Begin writing an Autobiopoem.
Math
  • Review concepts from second grade
  • Begin our first third grade unit, place value
Social Emotional Learning (SEL)
  • Finish creating our classroom charter
Science
  • What does water do on different surfaces?
Please reach out if there's anything I can do for you. As you (hopefully) read in the first newsletter, I love parent-teacher communication and strongly believe that a partnership between us is key in your student's success. I know we're going to have a fantastic year!

Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment