Saturday, September 14, 2019

Upcoming Week 9/16-9/20

Thank you to everyone who was able to attend Curriculum Night on Thursday. My Facebook post when I got home that night was as follows: "I just had the most amazing curriculum night (and it’s not very often teachers say that). I can’t wait for the rest of this year. 😍😍😍" And I meant it. I loved chatting and laughing with you, and I can see where your kids get their fabulousness (is that a word? If not, it should be...). Here's what's happening this week.

Important Dates This Week:

  • Tuesday - Mrs. Verschueren, Eastgate's counselor, will be in our room introducing herself
  • Thursday - General PTA Meeting - 6:30-7:30 in the Eastgate Library
Curriculum Coming Up:

Reading (Beginning our Journeys curriculum this week)
  • Story Structure (Comprehension Strategy)
  • Short vowels a, e, i, o, u and words with the VCCV pattern (Phonics)
  • Simple Sentences (Grammar)
  • Short Vowels (Spelling)
Writing
  • Where I'm From Poems
Math
  • Rounding to the nearest 10 and 100
  • Multidigit addition
Science
  • How does water move on a slope?
  • How much water can a sponge soak up?
Those are the big ideas this week. We will start spelling this week, so be on the lookout for spelling lists to come home on Monday night. I will also be emailing the Curriculum Night Powerpoint home soon, in case you want the information again.

Please reach out with anything you need from me. Wishing you all a wonderful weekend. Go Dawgs (they're up 21-0 as I'm typing this)!

No comments:

Post a Comment